Can dogs eat pork? How to cook pork for dogs
Dogs can eat pork, but it is recommended not to feed your dog fatty meat because it has too much fat and can affect your dog's health (raising high blood fats, developing pancreatitis, etc.), and it is also not recommended to feed your dog raw pork because the smell of blood can cause your dog to be wild, trigger disobedience, become aggressive, etc.
As we all know, dogs are obtained by people through the domestication of wolves, so although dogs have become omnivorous animals, their meat-eating habits, however, remain unchanged. However, we can provide only chicken, duck, goose, pork, beef, lamb, fish and some seafood, etc. These meat, dogs can basically eat, but be aware that not all meat is healthy for dogs.
Pork is not suitable for dogs to eat, pork is the highest fat content of all meat, some lean meat dogs can eat, but very fatty kind of meat, do not give the dog to eat, affecting the life of the dog.
2. Fish is the most suitable for dogs to eat, the nutritional value of fish, delicious, delicate meat, better taste, more conducive to dog digestion.
3. Beef and lamb is also a good choice for dogs. Beef and lamb contain more amino acids, which is good for dogs with coronary heart disease and high blood pressure.
4. Chicken has a high protein content and low fat content, which is also good for dogs, but be careful not to feed your dog chicken feet, chicken bones and chicken heads.
5. Dogs can consume moderate amounts of seafood. Moderate amounts of seafood can provide nutrition for dogs, and excessive consumption of seafood can lead to high blood pressure in dogs (seafood is very high in salt).
Can dogs eat raw pork
Yes, but there are benefits and drawbacks to feeding raw meat
1. Compared to cooked food, raw meat is less likely to get stuck within the teeth, and dental disease appears relatively less often.
2. Healthier than some canned or snack foods, there will be no consumption of preservatives and other chemicals.
3. Raw meat provides maximum energy, complete with vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids, yeast, protein and carbohydrates. Cooking at high temperatures destroys these vitamins, yeast, and antioxidants, while causing undigested protein and causing loss of amino acids.
4. The palatability of raw meat is more suitable for dogs than cooked food.
5. To a certain extent, it increases the wildness of the dog, and if the dog consumes it to watch the house, then the safety will be improved.
6. Although more single, but rarely lead to allergies in dogs.
Second, the disadvantages.
1. Let alone the others, if the light feeding raw meat, then the nutritional needs are certainly not fully satisfied, so long-term feeding is likely to cause malnutrition in dogs.
2. Although compared to cooked meat, raw meat is not easy to cause residue, but once the raw meat stuck in the dog's teeth, then the dog may be difficult to remove it by itself. If the owner usually does not pay much attention to the dog's oral cleaning, it is easy to cause the raw meat to stay too long to rot, making the dog have bad breath and other problems.
3. In addition, raw meat may contain a large number of parasites, so long-term feeding of raw meat will lead to an increase in parasites in the dog's body, causing discomfort.
4. Generally, the preservation of raw meat is only to put it in the refrigerator, if the colder raw meat to feed the dog is likely to cause intestinal discomfort, diarrhea and vomiting.
5. Feeding raw meat may lead to urethritis, enteritis, streptococcus, staphylococcus, salmonella, toxoplasmosis and other diseases in dogs.
6. Feeding raw meat for a long time may cause too much protein, and affect the dog's **** function, which is worth noting that dogs in less exercise, there is no need to feed a lot of protein things, and in feeding high protein try to choose a better source of protein such as: chicken breast. Beef and lamb, goat's milk, eggs, etc.
7. do not know where the source of raw meat, if the animal itself suffers from certain diseases before birth, then there must be a certain impact on the dog, the dog may even get sick as a result. So there are good and bad things about feeding raw meat, but for the sake of the dog's health, it is not too often recommended to feed raw meat to dogs. You should feed your dog mainly with dog food and then with some nutritional supplements to ensure your dog's nutritional needs.
How to cook pork for dogs
Just cook it.
Pork, like beef, lamb, chicken, and duck, provides protein, fat, vitamins, and minerals for your dog. Dogs also do not experience any digestive problems when they eat pork, unless they are fed large amounts.
Feed your dog pork in moderation, and nutritionally it is best to feed your dog dog food primarily. When the dog is reluctant to eat dog food, you can boil cooked pork to enhance the dog's appetite.
1, for large dogs and other more should not be fed too much meat too early, otherwise it may cause the forelimbs to bend.
2, puppy feeding should be supplemented with calcium powder and vitamins, which are necessary for the growth of teeth and bones. Each should have an appropriate amount of outdoor exercise, after the ultraviolet radiation, to facilitate the absorption of calcium.
3, in the management of raising puppies, we should especially prevent a few puppies from bullying overeating, the daily amount of food should be determined by the size of the dog, should not be fed too much, to 70% to 80% full is the best. In addition, as the puppy's gastrointestinal tract is still developing, more attention should be paid to hygiene to prevent the occurrence of gastrointestinal disease.
The dangers of long-term meat consumption in dogs
The first danger: picky and paranoid eating
If a dog eats meat often, his mouth will be easily spoiled, and he will not eat dog food or vegetables, but only meat, which is a picky eating behavior. The first is that the dog will become malnourished because of the picky and unbalanced diet.
The second hazard: fire
Long-term meat-eating dogs are prone to fire, a fire, bad breath, eye droppings, tear stains and other problems also come. For the Teddy Bichon Boomerang Samoyed class dog pooper scooper alone, it's a waste of effort for the pooper scooper to pay attention to a light diet.
The third hazard: easy to gain weight
Meat protein and fat will be more, often eat meat, the dog will be very easy to obese. Especially the amount of lack of exercise dogs, the accumulation of fat is easy. Dogs are too obese to bring health hazards, I think we all know.
The fourth hazard: lack of calcium
Meat lack of vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, calcium content is also very low. Long-term monoculture diet dogs will calcium and phosphorus imbalance, osteoporosis, lack of vitamins and other problems.
The fifth hazard: indigestion
Poor gastrointestinal function of dogs is a recognized fact, although dogs digest and absorb meat protein particularly well, but eating too much meat, the dog will also appear indigestion performance. Because the dog can not eat too greasy food, like chicken pork in the fat is relatively high.
Dogs need to eat meat in moderation, and with dog food and vegetables to eat more healthy relief. Properly feed some pet probiotics, can also improve the dog's gastrointestinal function, better digestion and absorption of food.
The sixth hazard: suffering from rich disease
General meat protein, fat, cholesterol will be rich, long-term meat eating dog cholesterol, blood lipids will be higher, it is easy to suffer from hyperlipidemia, heart disease and other cardiovascular disease. This shows that the dog's diet can not be long-term monoculture, eating meat is not a complete substitute for dog food.
Dogs diet in addition to focus on light, but also nutritional balance. Purely eating meat or vegetarian are not conducive to dog health, or to dog food as the main food, with vegetables and meat as a supplemental nutrition. Like the following dog food is very good, not only high meat content, meat and vegetables with reasonable, and is a low-salt formula, containing probiotics, no additives to the natural food, more suitable for dogs as the main food. Occasionally with some vegetables and meat, the dog will be enough to meet the nutritional health needs.
Other links in this article
Why is my dog shedding hair?
I. Causes of hair loss in dogsIt's normal for dogs to lose hair when their coats are that long, especially during shedding season.Normal dogs lose hair all year round, especially pet dogs, which are l
Why does my dog fart so much?
I. Is it normal for dogs to fart frequently? Farting refers to the release of gas accumulated in the digestive tract from the anus. Like humans, dogs will occasionally fart, which is normal behavior,
Why is my cat losing its hair?
I. Cats shed a lot of hair not related to eating salt, owners should deal with it according to the three causes of hair loss, the right remedyCats are very cute and delightful animals, but there is on
Why do dogs put their paws on you?
I. The reason why dogs put their paws on you is to express these thingsYou've had dogs put their paws on you during dog ownership, right? The reason for this is that the dog is trying to say these thi