Can dogs eat grapes? What about dogs eating raisins
Can dogs eat grapes
Dogs are not allowed to eat grapes. The gastrointestinal digestive function of dogs is different from that of humans, not all fruits can be eaten, grapes and raisins, if you eat too many grapes or raisins, 10 to 15 grams of grapes per kilogram of body weight, the dog will have a more serious poisoning reaction, because the weight of the dog is not the same size and the number of grapes eaten is not the same as well as the individual differences of each dog, so not every dog eating grapes will lead to poisoning. Not every dog will be poisoned if they eat grapes.
Dogs are not allowed to eat grapes, and if they are fed in large quantities, most of them may start to suffer from acute kidney failure within 24 to 72 hours, which can be life-threatening in severe cases. Because of the grape seeds in the grape seeds there is a component of hydride, if the dog overdose consumption will easily lead to hydride poisoning.
The clinical symptoms of poisoning are: the symptoms of oliguria, polyuria or blood in the urine, vomiting and diarrhea may occur within a few hours, and at this time no longer eat anything, depression, breathing will become weaker and weaker to the final death of kidney failure, so pet owners must pay attention in the process of raising their dogs.
In addition to grapes, there is also avocado is not for dogs to eat, not only the avocado pulp, kernels and fruit trees have a certain degree of toxicity to dogs, may lead to breathing difficulties, rapid heart rate, irregular heart rate, chest and abdominal cavity, as well as the heart fluid shock and other symptoms. Consumption of cherries can also appear the same symptoms as avocados and accompanied by gastrointestinal symptoms, may appear vomiting and diarrhea adverse reactions, a large number of ingestion can lead to death. There are also pineapples and mangoes, mangoes themselves have a high allergy rate, so it is also not recommended for dogs to eat. The fruits that dogs can eat are: apples, bananas, watermelon, etc., but all can only be eaten in small amounts, and if diarrhea or vomiting occurs it is still recommended to stop feeding immediately.
How to treat a dog that has eaten raisins
If you're not sure, you can take your dog to the vet immediately to induce vomiting and then go home for observation; if you're late, the raisins have already entered the intestines or are absorbed, it's recommended to check your dog's liver and kidney function. It takes time.
Many pet owners like to feed their dogs fruits, among which grapes are very dangerous and can cause acute kidney failure in dogs. Pet owners often fail to realize the seriousness of this manifestation and by the time they get to the hospital, they often tend to miss the opportunity to resuscitate.
Signs of grape-induced poisoning often occur within 6 hours with symptoms of depression, vomiting and diarrhea, loss of appetite, and vomit or excrement that may have grape residue in it, typically with the same symptoms as acute gastroenteritis. Most dogs will begin to experience acute renal failure within 24-72 hours. Initially, there is no urine production or the amount of urine is too small, dehydration and binge drinking are common, at this time, the blood ca, p and uremic index will rise, and dogs with complications of uremia will often die if they are not properly treated medically. The mechanism of grape-induced acute renal failure in dogs is not well understood and may be a result of damage to certain structures of the kidney. Some literature reports that if a dog eats more than 11.5 grams of grapes per kilogram of body weight, it may become untreatable.
Your pet doctor reminds you that.
1. never feed your dog grapes, nor raisins.
2. Please put away the residue and dispose of it, and never let your dog eat it.
3, once found that the dog eat grapes poisoning, early treatment, do not think that acute gastroenteritis can take some medicine, miss the best time to treat. Do not eat onions, chocolate, grapes, lilies, mushrooms, these foods can not be eaten by dogs, especially mushrooms, grapes are nephrotoxic, eat may cause kidney failure, must not eat
Other links in this article
Why does my dog shake? What is the reason why the dog keeps shaking
What's wrong with a puppy that keeps shivering all over1. When the dog is weak, it will be afraid of the cold. If the temperature is relatively low, the dog will shiver.2, the dog distemper late will
Why do dogs sneeze when they play? Reasons for Dogs Sneezing
Why Do Dogs Sneeze When They PlayAs with humans, sneezing is very common in dogs. There are times in your daily life when you will see your dog sneeze suddenly while playing. As a responsible pet owne
Why do dogs have seizures? Causes of epilepsy in dogs
Why do dogs have seizuresCauses of epilepsy in dogs: caused by some kind of abnormality in the nerve cells of the brain. These etiologies can be considered: tumor, brain injury, hypoglycemia, liver di
How to help dog diarrhea? What to do about dog diarrhea
How to help dogs with diarrheaThe common causes of diarrhea in dogs and the right way to deal with it.One, poor diet or unclean diet.銆€Generally, such cases of diarrhea do not last long, and the dog i